Procasa can help you manage your risks.
The Health & Safety at Work Act lays out the duty of care expected for landlords, property managers and contractors working on residential property.
Landords benefit from:
- A Health and Safety E-manual covering all requirements for them to meet the intent of the Act
- An annual property inspection, with a multi-page report identifying risks or hazards, and recommendations on these (along with photographs)
- All contractors that go onto a property will be pre-qualified and audited to ensure they are compliant with the Act
- Ongoing health and safety inspection and compliance documentation for the property management company
- A Robust system that includes documentation, Inspections and reviews of Health and Safety performance for all parties
- All ‘links in the chain’ covered
With such demonstrable compliance, investors, property managers, landlords and contractors can ensure that their overlapping duties are more than covered, and that moral and legal obligations are covered by all parties.
Procasas'peace of mind process is easily the best and most cost effective approach for investors, property owners and managers. We ensure superior residential property health and safety benefits for everyone involved:
Property managers, landlords and investors
- All requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 are covered
- Hugely reduced exposure under the Health and Safety at Work Act, because risks have been highlighted and addressed where appropriate. (The only exposure is if no action is carried out on identified risks)
- Cost effective annual subscription proving compliance
- Inspection reports point out the immediate risks, recommendations and actions required
- The inspection report is produced for distribution to landlord as deemed appropriate???
- An increased level of compliance is consequently achieved
- Reduction of risk to the PCBU, officers and workers
- Reduction of risk against fines and prosecution in the event of a serious accident at a property
- Peace of mind knowing obligations have been fulfilled under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Clarity around potential hazards at properties
- An independent assessment of health and safety practices for contractors, their employees and sub-contractors
- Acknowledgement and understanding of their role in the overlapping duties
The Act seeks to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved with or affected by work on or at the property.
When more than one business in involved (which is often the case in property maintenance and upkeep) there are overlapping duties. All parties must work together, as far as “reasonably practicable”, and consult, cooperate and coordinate their activities.
All these parties are considered PCBU’s, and collaboration is required to ensure any property work is undertaken in a safe and healthy manner.
These overlapping responsibilities and duty of care can be a confusing for the unwary, uninitiated and unprepared.
With Procasas' personalised approach we make an external assessment of each property and produce an inspection report.
This holistic procedure meets and exceeds the health and safety levels of compliance under the Act.